Physiotherapy for Newborns and Infants
CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY (CST) and PRE- AND POST-NATAL CARE
One important goal of a pregnancy Craniosacral Therapy session is to gently improve the mobility in the mother's pelvis so her baby can more easily assume an ideal position for birth. This can promote a timely, easier birth for mom and baby.
Postpartum Craniosacral treatment facilitates healing and helps to rebalance the pelvis, spine and soft tissues which adapted during pregnancy. Craniosacral Therapy during the childbearing year can:
- Relieve cramping
- Treat sciatic or other nerve pain
- Improve pelvic floor structure and function
- Relieve back pain in pregnancy
- Establish optimal fetal positioning for birth
- Promote recovery from tears and stitches
- Facilitate recovery from cesarean birth
- Restore pelvic stability
- Resolve post epidural back pain
- Assess and treat birth trauma
CAN CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY BENEFIT INFANTS AND CHILDREN?
Craniosacral Therapy is a wonderful gentle form of bodywork for infants, babies and children. Along with promoting health, Craniosacral Therapy minimizes or eliminates the effects of birth trauma. It assists infants in releasing restrictive patterns in the body before they become issues later in life, thus preventing future dysfunction. Craniosacral therapy is extremely valuable for a baby who has:
- Experienced a challenging labour and birth
- Experiencing health issues
- Breastfeeding challenges including:
- Poor latch
- Unwillingness to nurse
- Painful nipples in mom
Further reasons to treat a baby / child include middle ear infections, headaches, developmental delays, cerebral palsy, neurological conditions, torticollis, genetic disorders, misshapen skull, hearing problems, trauma, autism, ADHD etc...